I’ve noticed many people on other blogs (and facebook) doing something called the “30 Day Photo Challenge”, and I thought it looked interesting, so I researched the 30 “topics” (They can be found here). There’s a lot of good ideas on there, so I’m going to use some of them as a jumping board for photo inspiration. I’m not going to do it every day, but just pick and choose which ones I want to do (some topics- such as “picture of your favorite band” aren’t possible, because it’s not like I’m going to a concert tonight! But others might serve well as inspiration for days when I may be at a loss for a photo).
I’ll start today with the first “prompt” – A photo of yourself with 15 facts.
(yeah- it’s a cell phone picture- I had my SLR, but I wasn’t about to whip it out in the middle of Payless…lol)
1. Crafting is my life. If I could spend my every waking moment creating, I would. I love to sew, knit, crochet, quilt, make jewerly, design clothing and accessories, stained glass, fused glass, needlework, scrapbooking, and of course photography! I like to say that I that I don’t think outside of the box- I throw the box away. My business cards even state “doing strange things in the name of art”.
2. I love Disney. I am a huge Disney parks trivia buff- I own about 50 different Walt Disney World (and some Disneyland) books and documentary DVD’s. Go ahead- ask me anything!
3. I love the beach almost as much as I love Disney. I live about 20 minutes from the beach, and nothing beats taking the top off of my Jeep in the summer and heading to the beach for a day of relaxation, shell collecting and of course boogie boarding in the waves! I ❤ all aspects of the beach- the smell of the salt water, the sound of the waves, the feel of the sand between your toes and the warmth of the sun.
4. If it has to do with Japan- I'm in love with it. I love sushi (and I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to the raw items I'll eat), cherry blossoms, Japanese art, culture, traditions, etc. Visiting Japan is on my bucket list.
5. Speaking of Bucket List- mine is about a mile long. Some things are big- others not so much, but they're all significant to me. Some of the items on my list include- run a 5k, visit every Disney park in the world, ride in a hot air balloon, go on a boat, learn how to play the guitar, surf, see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, be well known for something, own my own craft business, etc.
6. I’m an old soul- I adore things from the 50’s- 80’s. If it’s retro, I’m all about it.
7. I was a band geek in High School. I only joined initially because their yearly band trip was to Disney and I wanted to go. In the end, joining band was one of the best decisions I made in high school- I made some of the closest friends I ever had (and still have), have some of the greatest memories, and fell in love with Twirling- which I continued even after high school, and went on to teach/compete in while I was in college. (I should break out some of those pictures one day– especially if you’re looking for a good laugh…)
8. I’m a stereotypical blonde- I do/say some pretty dumb things from time to time. Unfortunately, my family doesn’t let me live many of the blonde things I’ve said in my past… but I’m okay with that 🙂
(Jeez- 15 facts about yourself is difficult!).
9. I hate silence. I need to have music or the tv on at all times. If I’m in the car, I need to have my iPod because I love music (and if there’s a new song on my iPod, I have to play it over and over and over until I learn every word of it- there can’t be a song that I don’t know the words to!) If I’m at home working in my sewing room or on my computer I need to have the TV on. I don’t necessarily watch it, but I need the noise. Same thing at night- I must fall asleep to the TV. Silence drives me crazy! Must be my ADD…lol
10. I love playing games- board games, trivia games, and especially word games. I have no less than 15 different word games on my iPod, including Bananagrams (my favorite!) and an iPhone Scrabble that I play with other friends on their phones. This is sort of ironic because I can’t spell to save my life, but I still love to play!
11. I had to save this for number 11– I wish on 11:11. I always see numbers like that in my daily life- and things like this fascinate me.
12. I believe in psychics, horoscopes, and fortune cookies. I also believe in ghosts and other supernatural happenings. Everything happens for a reason!
13. I am deathly afraid of bugs- I will scream bloody murder (and I’m not even exaggerating here) if one comes near me or god forbid on me.
14. I am currently somewhat happily single. I’m enjoying the single life for now, but ready to move on. (I could use this blog as a singles bar- anyone have a cute guy they want to set me up with? lol)
15. I am “severe procrastinater” in several areas. My mom said I had to include this. I get stuff done- but not at the pace she wishes I got things done! (And I guess that would be why that “fact” is last…lol)
I guess that’s my life in a list….lol. I hope some of you join me on this 30 day photo challenge. (Good luck with your 15 facts- it’s harder than it looks!)